Outstanding Musicians Award Program
The scholarship program is named for Dr. John R. Chandler, first Executive Director of SBACS/NACS, in honor of his support for Christian schooling and lifelong involvement in music ministry. Each fall, Christian school seniors are nominated by their Guidance Counselor to compete for the Outstanding Musicians Award Program. Nominees must then complete an application process to compete for the scholarships. Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements become finalists. In the spring, a panel of judges chooses the winners in each of the two categories. To compete for the award, seniors must:
- Have at least a 3.0 unweighted cumulative GPA.
- Be highly involved in music and show a superior level of vocal or instrumental skill.
- Demonstrate an active faith in Christ.
- Audition by digital upload. Click here for more info.
- Receive recommendations from music directors and teachers indicating good character, service and leadership within their schools, churches and communities.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, and five (5) Finalist awards all earn cash scholarships that are delivered via check directly to the college/university of choice in the fall.
Click here if you are a STUDENT NOMINEE and need essay, audition, application information and the link for the Outstanding Musician Application Form
Click here if you are a GUIDANCE COUNSELOR and need to upload transcripts, your school profile, and/or teacher recommendation letters for your student nominees. You must use the password provided in the e-mail to gain access to this page.
Click here if you are a school guidance counselor and would like to nominate students for the Musician Award Program. You will need the students’ e-mail addresses, current unweighted GPA, and musical instrument category (voice, piano, strings, brass, woodwind, or percussion) to complete the form. (Form is closed for the 2021 program)