Guidance Counselor Roundtable
February 1-2, 2021
- Does your college placement process effectively engage parents and students?
- Are you aggressively marketing your school’s seniors to colleges and universities?
- Are you proud to tell prospective parents what college or universities your graduates are attending post high school?
If you answered “No” or “I think so” to any of the questions above then you will not want to miss out on this year’s College Placement Roundtable.
Each year, the National Alliance of Christian Schools (NACS) hosts a roundtable that is designed for Christian school Guidance Counselors, upper school leaders, and heads. This two day roundtable is led by Dr. Ron Moss (Prestonwood Christian, Plano, TX) and Mrs. Melody Shiver (Cambridge Christian, Tampa, FL) and is sure to give your school’s Guidance Counselor new ideas on how to increase the effectiveness of your college placement program. If your school includes upper school students or is adding upper grades, this roundtable is a must to attend. Participants will leave with several department-changing ideas to dramatically improve your school’s college placement success and student scholarship awards.
- Nuances of Selective Admission
- Technology & Social Media: How is it impacting you and your students?
- Partnering with Parents
- The increasing importance of the counselor recommendation
- Participate in a mock admissions committee meeting by reviewing actual applications (case studies)
- Roundtable Discussion: Best Practices (come ready to discuss programs in your guidance department that parents rave about or that makes your school unique)
- Q&A: Hear from the experts! What can we do to better prepare our students for the big transition?
Take a tour of the Ben Lippen School!
Thursday night, NACS is hosting a night of food, fun, and networking. More details to come!